Ms. Salkin represents individual and business debtors, bankruptcy trustees, lenders, landlords, creditor committees,
and both secured and unsecured creditors.
Her bankruptcy practice encompasses small debtor cases to complex bankruptcy litigation, involving many different areas of business.
Prior to founding her own law firm, Ms. Salkin practiced with Smathers & Thompson and Kelley, Drye & Warren, handling large bankruptcies including Eastern Airlines, Union Caribe, Air Texas, and trustee representation.
Ms. Salkin was appointed to the panel of United States Bankruptcy Trustees for the Southern District of Florida and has served as a Panel Trustee for the past 18 years. During that time, she gained experience in individual and business cases in the areas of manufacturing, computers, pharmaceuticals, automotive, retail, aviation, healthcare, hotels, storage facilities, shopping centers, recycling plants, gambling cruise lines, and financial industries.
She has substantial experience in bankruptcy litigation matters, including both sides of litigation for preferences, fraudulent transfers, non-dischargeability actions, turnover, and claw-back actions.
- Indiana University B.A., Double Major, 1983
- Washington University J.D., 1986
- Florida Bar, 1986
- Southern District of Florida U.S. District Court
- Middle District of Florida U.S. District Court
- Northern District of Florida U.S. District Court
- Southern District of Florida U.S. Bankruptcy Court
- Middle District of Florida U.S. Bankruptcy Court
- Northern District of Florida U.S. Bankruptcy Court
- American Bar Association
- National Association Of Bankruptcy Trustees
- National Association Of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Broward Bar Association (Professionalism Committee Member)